Specialist in Neurology, Medical Director and Head Physician of Neurology at the Reithofpark Bad Feilnbach Clinic
Sleep medicine, muscle and nerve diseases
Chief physician and medical director of the Reithofpark Bad Feilnbach Clinic, W2 professorship in clinical neurology and neurogenetics in Münster, director of the Institute for Sleep Medicine and Neuromuscular Diseases at the University of Münster.
- Medical school and doctorate at the Christian Albrecht University of Kiel
- Specialty training in neurology at the University Hospital of Münster
- W2 professorship in clinical neurology and neurogenetics at the University Hospital of Münster
- Research associate at the ETH Zurich from 1999-2001 (Institute of Cell Biology, DFG fellow)
- Further activity at the University Hospital Münster, Head of the Institute for Sleep Medicine and Neuromuscular Diseases at the University Hospital Münster (UKM) from 2013-2019.
- Since 2019 Chief Physician of the Clinic Reithofpark Bad Feilnbach
Additional qualifications Sleep Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine, Certificate NLG/EMG of the DGKN, Somnologist (DGSM), European Somnologist (ESRS)
Former president of the German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM), member of the medical-scientific advisory board of the German Muscle Society (DGM). DGN (speaker commission sleep disorders), DGKN, DiGAB, BayGSM, PNS, ERSR
over 100 on sleep medicine, neuromuscular diseases (polyneuropathies, myopathies), stroke, neurodegeneration and basic research (peripheral nervous system)
BMBF, DFG, EU, industry